It is time to register for the 16th Ontario Guild of English Handbell Ringers (OGEHR) Festival, United We Ring From C to C to C at McMaster University in Hamilton, May 25 – 27, 2017.
This Festival will be uniquely exciting as it unites handbell and chime ringers from across Ontario to ring a beautiful selection of music in celebration of the sesquicentennial of our magnificent, sea to sea to sea country. This Festival marks the third OGEHR festival that has been organized electronically. The process of combining the Festival website onto the OGEHR site this time has presented challenges. However, the tireless cooperative work of capable volunteers combined with professional support has enabled us to be where we are today – ready for registration to begin on Jan 15, 2017.
Some registration details have remained the same compared to previous OGEHR festivals:
• Registration can be completed by individuals only.
• Registration can be made on-line only.
• Accommodation bookings can be made only through McMaster University directly, not through the Festival website. McMaster accommodation booking is expected to open the same day as Festival registration, Jan 15, 2017.
Some Festival processes and details have changed compared to previous OGEHR festivals:
• A one step/one time registration replaces the former two-stage (Initial and Final) process.
• Some items and services will be posted on the Festival website closer to the Festival including: Workshop Selection Form; Festival Concert Ticket Order Form; and Parking Passes Order Form. Watch for OGEHR Digest notices announcing the posting of this information.
• Youth and Chaperone fees have been reduced
Be sure to read the OGEHR Digest on line for Festival up-dates and information. The opening of registration means that the countdown to United We Ring From C to C to C has begun. The Festival Committee is excited and preparing for a super Festival. Join us for a great time.
2017 Festival Committee Coordinator
What’s in a Name?
The naming of our bi-annual Festival is always one of the first responsibilities of the in-coming Festival Committee. It is important for the theme to not only reflect something about our host city, but also something about all of us as ringer-musicians.
Festival 2017 will be held at McMaster University in Hamilton. Hamilton’s growth throughout the decades has been in part because of the strong presence of the Steel workers unions. As Hand Bell ringers, being united in our efforts to create beautiful music is crucial, hence UNITED WE RING.
2017 will be Canada’s sesquicentennial (150 years) and hence the maple leaf in the logo. As proud Canadians, we live from sea to sea to sea. As proud OGEHR members, we ring from C to C to C! The colours in our logo reflect the Bronze for the Bells and Red for Canada.