Recent Additions to the Lending Library
The Music Lending Library is a collection of handbell music available for OGEHR members to borrow free of charge. Some of this resource has been purchased by The Ontario Guild and some has come through ringer donations. A list of all the titles plus additional pertinent information is available by clicking here (Excel) or here (PDF).
It is easy to borrow music and it can be done in a couple of ways. If you see a title of interest from the music listed online send an email to Debi Sproule, the Music Lending Library Coordinator, email@example.com. Contact her as well if you have questions about any of the music. OGEHR will pay the postage to mail the music to you. Alternatively, if you are at a workshop or Festival and the Lending Library is present, you may browse through the music and make a selection then.
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind. Music is loaned out for up to one year and we ask that the maximum number of pieces borrowed at any time is 2. The person borrowing the music is responsible for getting it back to the Library in good condition.
Donations are a very important part of building our collection. If you or your choir has music you feel you will not need any longer, please consider donating it.
Also, gifts of new music could be made with a special person or occasion in mind. An amount of say $50.00 to $75.00 would purchase a set of music and a special acknowledgement could be added to each copy. For example, as a thank you to your director or to remember a ringer, a choir could contribute money for music which would then have the person’s name added to it. Or a bell choir could provide funds for a piece special to them in some way and the choir would be acknowledged on the music.
Requests for specific music or additional copies of a title we already own will be considered.
- It is the responsibility of the person borrowing the music to ensure it is returned to the library in good condition.
- Marking the music with a light pencil is okay but do erase any markings when you are finished.
- Please do not separate the pages.
- Please do not add scotch tape anywhere on the music.
- A maximum of four titles can be borrowed for up to one year.
- It may be that there are not enough copies of some pieces for each ringer to have their own, so sharing is often necessary. It is against copyright law to photocopy originals.
Please contact Debi Sproule, Music Lending Library Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments.